Monday 17 February 2014

Oatmeal breakfast muffins


I used to hate eating oatmeal. When I was a kid it was impossible to get me to eat it, but with time I've learned to make it more Amanda approved. Nonetheless, I wouldn't say it's my go to breakfast. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood for the mushy oatmeal. My solution? Baked oatmeal!

What you need:

- 1 ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (4,5 dl) unsweetened applesauce (til frá Sollu)
- 5 cups (9 dl) rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder (ég notaði vínsteinslyftiduft)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) almond milk
- toppings of choice

Mash a ripe banana and mix with eggs and applesauce. Add oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Lastly add milk :) If you think the consistency is too thick, add a little more milk. Use any toppings you like, I used chopped almonds. Bake at 180°C/350°F for 30min. Makes around 18 breakfast muffins. 

--------------

Ég þoldi ekki hafragraut, og reyndist það mjög erfitt að koma honum ofan í mig, foreldrum mínum til mikillar mæðu ;) Það var gefist fljótt upp á því en með tímanum lærði ég þó að aðlaga hann smekk mínum. Samt sem áður er ég ekki alltaf í stuði fyrir blauta hafra í morgunmat, þannig mín leið var að baka hafragrautinn í staðin! Þið megið minnka uppskriftina ef þið viljið ekki gera svona mikið en mér finnst mjög þægilegt að geyma hafra múffurnar í litlum pokum í frystinum og eiga svo 2-3 stk í ísskápnum til að grípa í :)




Carrots, hummus, oatmeal muffin, cottage cheese with strawberries and grapes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment