Tuesday 11 February 2014

Teriyaki tofu stir fry

I remember the first time I cooked tofu. I had absolutely no idea what to do with it, and it ended up tasting awful. I backed away from tofu for some time after that, but I've learned my lesson since then.
That's why I wanted to share with you this simple and easy way to cook delicious tofu, whether you are in the same steps I used to be, or want to get new ideas.

What you need for this recipe is:

- tofu
- teriyaki sauce (i used stonewall kitchen sesame teriyaki)
- veggies (whatever you have in the fridge)
- lemon pepper and ground ginger is optional
- lemon juice



Started with drying the tofu on a clean cloth and squeezing the fluid out. I sliced it in 4 thick slices 


I placed two slices of tofu in each zip lock bag and added 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, plus some ground ginger and lemon pepper for extra seasoning. I tossed the tofu around in the bag a bit and let it marinade in the fridge for an hour (timing is optional, but it's better to let the marinade settle in). 


While the tofu was marinading, I prepared the veggies. This time I had carrots, red bell pepper and broccoli, plus baby corn (not in the picture)


Tofu is ready! Cut it up in mouth-sized cubes :)


Add everything to a big pan (I have a wok pan) and drain the rest of the sauce out of the bags in the pan. Here I added around a tablespoon of pure lemon juice 


I brought some of it with me to school that day along with tomatoes, strawberries, banana and cashew butter..yum :)

- Amanda <3 

Follow me on:


No comments:

Post a Comment