Sunday 2 February 2014

Whole wheat quinoa pancakes


Happy Sunday! :) I want to share with you a recipe for whole wheat quinoa pancakes that I made this week. They taste great and keep you full and energized without the quick sugar crash. 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup (2,5 dl) cooked quinoa
- 3/4 cup (1,5 dl) whole wheat
- 2tsp baking powder 
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (1 dl) almond milk (any milk of choice works)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup 
- 1 tablespoon melted butter




First off you need cooked quinoa :) I always make extra when I cook, so I have some up for grabs in the fridge. 


In one bowl mix dry ingredients (quinoa, whole wheat, salt, baking powder) and in another bowl mix wet ingredients (butter, eggs, milk, agave syrup). 

My lovely piggy whisker :)

Finally mix wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and cook on a pan :) I made about 8 medium sized pancakes with this batter. 

These taste so good and are great if you have a long day ahead of you as well as being a nice twist to a weekend brunch :) Use a topping of choice, I topped mine with banana, tablespoon of agave syrup and sesame seeds, lovely. 


- Amanda <3 


Follow me on: 




No comments:

Post a Comment